Once a resident fulfills the requirements of an American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation® residency training program and have an accepted for publication manuscript, applicants submit credentials for the board-certification examination. Credentials must be received by midnight, August 1st of the calendar year prior to the examination (examinations are generally held in January or February and specific exam information is released annually).
The following forms must be uploaded as part of credential submission, and the credentials submission fee listed below must be paid.
- Resident Credentials Submission Form
- Credentials submission fee of $350
- Residency Program MasterLog (completed Residency MasterLog)
- Signature pages for MasterLog and reports (can be uploaded separately if needed)
- Peer-reviewed publication, accepted for publication
- Letter of recommendation from American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation® supervisor/mentor
- Two letters of recommendation from active diplomates of ABVS-recognized colleges